Driven by Curiosity.
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our team with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collaboration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination. Fueled by technology and innovation, we are so much more than business cards.
Putting Your Expertise to Work:
As the Network Engineer, you will act as a cross-functional and technical resource in supporting the organization’s network infrastructure, globally. You will play a crucial part within Vistaprint’s IT Network Engineering team of ensuring the highest quality of IT services are being delivered to Vistaprint’s internal customers. In this role, you will identify and implement new technologies, prioritize day-to-day infrastructure issues/requests and implement best practices resulting in consistent, efficient, solution delivery.
- Participate in complex network engineering projects with a global scope.
- Identify and troubleshoot the WAN, LAN, and Internet infrastructure.
- Explore new technologies/vendors to deploy business solutions (SDN, infrastructure as code, whitebox).
- Co-create the design of network solutions for business applications and infrastructure technology peers.
- Approach problems looking for opportunities to automate.
- Work in cross-functional teams to collaboratively design and implement new technical solutions.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure performance issues, analyze network bottlenecks and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Proactively identify potential issues and drives resolution to avoid customer impact and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Experience working with Cisco routing and switching
- Network design and implementation background
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues
- Knowledge of BGP, OSPF, GRE
- Knowledge of network monitoring, SNMP, NetFlow, packet capture and analysis.
- Wireless Implementation and configuration experience. Cisco/Meraki WLAN controllers.
- Understanding of 802.11B/G/N/AC in both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies
- Understanding of RADIUS, TACACS+, Syslog
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, interpersonal, time management and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and be a self-motivated team player
Nice to have:
- Working experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Understanding of application design, API fundamentals, SSL connectivity
- Knowledge of Python/Perl; scripting capabilities
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation platforms such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Vagrant is a huge plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.